Wednesday, November 28, 2007

hey mamas

My sweet niece and the other cutie petutie I sit for schemed up a plan yesterday to both wake up at 4 a.m. this morning, crying and fussing, not be consoled except after being fed. Needless to say their mommies were pretty tired today yet still had to go into work, take care of the children when they got home, make dinner, clean, etc. etc. And did either of them complain about being tired or seem frustrated at all? Nope. After a long day at work, they still had all the love in the world to give to their babies, and even the graciousness to ask about me. There's another example of Christ's selfless love lived out through His followers. So to all of you moms, thank you. You are strong women for whom I have a deep respect. Thank you for the way you love your husbands, kids, and others so well while juggling whatever life throws at you 24/7.

And for those without husbands or father figures for their children, my heart breaks. I cannot imagine being a full-time mommy and a full-time employee without a spouse to share some of the weight. This is the case with many of the families of the neighborhood kids, and though I don't think these moms (and grandmas) want a pity party, I know they want a break (as I'm sure that goes for all moms). I found this video http://youtube.com/watch?v=2DyXkB3OaAw that's a sweet picture of the respect due to single moms. But I think all you moms deserve a huge thanks. You are super women! (Momma Lu, that goes for you too!)

God, thank you so much for mommies.