Sunday, August 10, 2008

so i KNOW they can dance


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdvlHItURqA (If you have a minute, watch this!)
I'm not one to sucked into tv shows, especially reality ones. But there is one that I absolutely love because of its amazing choreography and dancers. "So You Think You Can Dance" was a show I never missed this season, even after moving to Bolivia, thanks to a fellow teacher here in La Paz who downloaded the final episodes. Some of the staff and I watched them together on a laptop, which was wonderful since I missed watching them with my and brother-in-law and sister (who, by the way, is so into the show that she joined the online discussion forum...love you, Kel). We just watched the final show tonight (without finding out beforehand who'd won, amazingly enough), and I wanna give major props to my boy Joshua (pictured above). He, along with the other guy contestant, had practically no dance training, yet they were both "brilliant." So Twitch, I'm sorry you didn't win, friend; it could have been either of you. Joshua, congrats; you deserve it. Katee, you were stunning (and probably should've won based on ability), but I'm glad you still got the surprise 50 grand. All three of you had my vote, although I never actually voted at all. But alas, the celebration is over and I must say goodbye to my one and only reality show. So long, SYTYCD. I will honestly miss you. See you next summer.